Magnesium oxide is a relatively common substance, which can be seen everywhere in our life, but most of us don't know it very well, so today I'd like to share with you the common use of magnesium oxide in our life.
1. Light magnesium oxide is mainly used as raw materials for preparing ceramics, enamels, refractory crucibles and refractory bricks. It is also used as the filler of Polish adhesive and paper, promoter and activator of chloroprene rubber and fluororubber.
2. One of the main uses of magnesium oxide is as a flame retardant. Traditional flame retardant materials widely use halogen-containing polymers or combination of halogen-containing flame retardants.
3. The pressed magnesium oxide can be used as optical coating. When the coating thickness is between 300 nm and 7 mm, the coating is transparent. The refractive index of 1 mm thick coating is 1.72.
4. It is used for climbing stone and can absorb sweat.
5. Another use of magnesium oxide is that it can be used as neutralizing agent. Magnesium oxide is alkaline and has good adsorption performance. It can be used as neutralizing agent for waste gas containing acid, waste water treatment, waste liquid treatment containing heavy metals and organic matters, etc. with the improvement of environmental protection requirements, domestic demand grows rapidly.
6. It is mainly used to prepare internal medicine to neutralize excessive stomach acid. Commonly used preparations are: emulsion; magnesium cover, magnesium oxide and sodium bicarbonate mixed powder, etc.